SUPPORT OUR JOURNALISM: Please consider donating to keep our website running and free for all - thank you!

The Duke of Edinburgh

The Duchess of Cornwall offers an update on Prince Philip saying he is “slightly improving”


The Duchess of Cornwall has offered an update on the Duke of Edinburgh’s condition in hospital where he has been a patient for the past two weeks.

Camilla says that her father-in-law’s condition is “slightly improving” adding “we’ll keep our fingers crossed.”

Her Royal Highness mede the remarks during a visit to a vaccination centre in Croydon on Wednesday afternoon.

Camilla visited the Community Vaccination Centre at St Paul’s Church where she thanked NHS staff and church representatives supporting the rollout of the vaccination

The Duke of Edinburgh was transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Monday as the 99-year-old began his third week of treatment.

The Queen’s husband is at the Central London hospital for continuation of treatment for an infection as well as concern over a pre-existing heart condition.

Buckingham Palace says he “remains comfortable and is responding to treatment.”

The palace added in their statement on Monday that he will not leave St Bartholomew’s until at least the end of the week.

The Duke was transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital on Monday morning at 11:15am in an ambulance.

Screens were erected outside of Edward VII Hospital as the Duke was transferred ensuring he was out of the public view.

He was first admitted as a patient on February 16 after “feeling unwell” as what was at the time described as a precautionary measure.

St Bartholomew’s Hospital, commonly known as Barts, is a specialist in cardiac care, containing Europe’s largest specialised cardiovascular service.

Prince Philip was previously treated for a blocked coronary artery in 2011 at Papworth Hospital where he had a stent inserted.