Royal Central is the most popular independent source for royal news on the web. Launched back in 2012 in the wake of the Diamond Jubilee, Royal Central originally began life on Twitter under the account name @RoyalFactsUK – an account dedicated to tweeting facts about Monarchies around the world.
We produce a wide range of content about royalty all around the world, though we specialise in the British Royal Family. From opinion pieces, to breaking news stories and from royal photos to on-the-ground coverage of big engagements – we really do cover it all!
WHO RUNS ROYAL CENTRAL?
Royal Central is run by a small team of editors who are responsible for commissioning and editing all of Royal Central’s content. Our content, meanwhile, is sourced from a number of different kinds of contributor. A team of dedicated reporters deal with the majority of our news coverage, while our feature writers post anything from historical insight to commentary on current royal issues. We also accept contributions from guest writers (including in the past TV presenters, authors and other famous faces).
- Royal Central came into existence on 25th July 2012 with the launch of our first website.
- November 2012 saw the launch of our regular posts as we moved away from being an ‘information’ site to news and blogs.
- In December 2012, we adopted our logo.
- In March 2013, we officially switched our prime focus to news coverage on the British royals.
- In August 2013, we changed our site design – the first such change since we started regular posting back in 2012.
- In July 2014, Royal Central’s founding editor stepped down and Cindy succeeded as Editor-in-Chief.
- In October 2015, we updated the design of our website to optimise it for mobile devices and give it a modern feel.
- In November 2015, Charlie Proctor succeeded Cindy as Editor-in-Chief.
- In October 2016, Royal Central launched a dedicated Europe team to cover European royal stories in depth.
- In July 2017, Charlie Proctor took over the site and the role of Director, as well as Editor.
- In July 2019, we launched our latest website design – click here to see our site over time!
HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH?
We’re always keen to hear from our readers, to contact the editorial team, click here to open the contact form.
We’re also happy to work with journalists and other publications to produce content and we’re usually able to do interviews too. Contact our editorial team email@example.com