Scotland Yard says that a 40-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary at Prince George’s new school.
The woman was arrested at 14:15hrs on Wednesday, 13 September relating to an incident that occurred at Thomas’s Battersea School the day previously when an individual gained access to its premises.
In a statement issued, the Metropolitan Police say that the woman was arrested in the vicinity of the school and remains in custody.
The statement reads: “We are working with the school, which is attended by His Royal Highness Prince George, to review its security arrangements after the incident.
“Police were alerted and officers attended immediately after the issue came to light.
Police are part of the protective security arrangements for the Prince and we will continue to work closely with the school, which is responsible for building security on its site.”
A Kensington Palace spokesperson has confirmed that they are aware of this security breach.
The issue of security at Prince George’s new school was raised before he started, with concerns that the appropriate measures were not in place.
As reported last week by Royal Central, a local resident took it upon herself to test the future king’s school and the school’s security, or lack of, was “astonishing”.
Sarah Burnett-Moore, 54, filmed herself walking throughout the school after the gate and main entrance door were left open. A surprising find considering Prince George will be at the school starting Thursday.
Speaking to The Telegraph, Burnett-Moore said: “I could have walked in with an IED and set it to go off on Thursday.
“I live just 200 metres from the school and myself and lots of neighbours are worried about the security implications as the Prince’s presence will make the area a target for attacks.”
Although the exact circumstances of this arrest are not yet known, more urgent questions will be raised.