The Yorks

Prince Andrew publicly responds to allegations



Prince Andrew has spoken in public for the first time regarding allegations made against him of sexual impropriety.

At the World Economic Forum in Davos on Thursday, the Duke said that he felt he must reiterate the statements released by Buckingham Palace over the last few weeks, denying the allegations.

Buckingham Palace have previously released a strongly worded email strenuously denying the claims saying the allegations are “categorically untrue”, “false” and “without any foundation”.

The Prince said that he felt he “must refer to the events of the last few weeks” and ended his short statement saying “my focus is on my work”.

The allegations against Prince Andrew have been circulating now since early January when US court papers named the Prince in a case that involved ‘impropriety with underage minors’.

Virginia Roberts claims that she was forced to have sex with the Duke when she was just 17 years old. Ms Roberts’ lawyers have written a letter to Andrew asking him to respond under oath in court to the allegations.

The Duke spoke at The World Economic Forum, an annual event which provides opportunities for global business leaders to meet and share ideas. Prince Andrew was in attendance to promote three areas he is involved in: education, entrepreneurship, and science & engineering.

Featured photo credit: HWUPetroleum via photopin cc