Meghan Markle has released a statement via Kensington Palace. It reads, “Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health. I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”
After undergoing heart surgery early Wednesday morning, Thomas Markle, Meghan Markle’s father is in recovery. While the UK slept, Meghan’s father told TMZ: “They [doctors] will go in and clear blockage, repair damage and put a stent where it is needed.”
After the surgery, Thomas updated the team at TMZ saying he was now in recovery and thought the doctors put in three stents but could not say 100%.
Earlier this week, Thomas said he did not want to attend the wedding as to not embarrass his daughter over the staged pictures. He did then want to go if he was cleared by doctors but shortly later said he could not attend due to surgery Wednesday morning.
Hopefully, with the successful surgery, Meghan can now relax and enjoy her big day. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will marry at St George’s Chapel in Windsor on 19 May, this Saturday.
The wedding party was announced yesterday. For the bridesmaids, Harry and Meghan have picked Princess Charlotte, 3, Prince Harry’s goddaughters, Florence van Cutsem, 3, and Zalie Warren, 2 and Meghan’s goddaughters Remi Litt, 6 and Rylan Litt, 7.
They also chose Meghan’s close friend Jessica and Ben Mulroney’s (son of former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney) children, Ivy, 4 and their twin sons, Brian and John, 7, as page boys.
Other page boys include Prince George, 4, and Jasper Dyer, 6.