The Royal Household has published new social media guidelines which ask all users who interact with their channels to act with “courtesy, kindness and respect.”
According to the statement, they ask anybody “engaging with our social media channels shows courtesy, kindness and respect for all other members of our social media communities.”
Users who do not abide by the new guidelines may be blocked from following their accounts, and in some circumstances, may be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities.
These guidelines are in place to help create a safe environment on all social media channels run by The Royal Family, Clarence House and Kensington Palace.
The aim of our social media channels is to create an environment where our community can engage safely in debate and is free to make comments, questions and suggestions.
We ask that anyone engaging with our social media channels shows courtesy, kindness and respect for all other members of our social media communities.
In order to help create this safe environment we have set out some guidelines which apply to any engagement with us or other members of the community on any of our social media channels.
By engaging with our social media channels you agree to follow these guidelines.
Comments must not:
- Contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves.
- Be off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services.
Breach of guidelines
We reserve the right to determine, at our discretion, whether contributions to our social media channels breach our guidelines. We reserve the right to hide or delete comments made on our channels, as well as block users who do not follow these guidelines.
We also reserve the right to send any comments we deem appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as we feel necessary or is required by law.