The Queen has sent a message of condolence to the people of Sri Lanka following a series of explosions at churches and hotels on the island nation.
At least 207 people have been killed, and 450 have been injured in the attacks which took place on Easter Sunday.
In her message to the President of Sir Lanka, Maithripala Sirisena, The Queen spoke of her sadness and praised the emergency services in their response to the incident.
In full, Her Majesty said: “Prince Philip and I were deeply saddened to learn of the attacks in Sri Lanka and send our condolences to the families and friends of those who have lost their lives.
“I pay tribute to the medical and emergency services who are providing support to those who have been injured. Our thoughts and prayers are with all Sri Lankans at this difficult time.
Also on Monday, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge sent a message to the people of Sri Lanka. William and Kate said:
”We have been deeply saddened to learn of the devastating attacks in Sri Lanka this Easter Sunday.
Senseless acts like these in places that people would expect to be at their safest are truly horrifying.
Our hearts go out to the families and friends of those who have lost their lives, to the Christian community, and to the people of Sri Lanka at this tragic time. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.”
A total of eight explosions were reported at churches and luxury hotels in the Kochchikade district on Sunday.
A nationwide curfew has been put in place, and access to social media networks has been restricted.
The identity of those behind the attacks remains unclear, although it is understood that at least 13 people have so far been arrested.
Sri Lanka has been a member of the Commonwealth since 1948 and was the 8th nation to join the political community.
In 2013, the country hosted the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting which the Prince of Wales attended on behalf of his mother.