
Police have made a statement following an arrest on the Sandringham estate this morning when former prince, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was taken into custody.
Thames Valley Police had already opened an investigation into misconduct in public office. Following the arrest, which followed police officers arriving at Wood Farm at around 8am on the morning of February 19, Thames Valley Police said: ”as part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk. ”
The statement continued ”The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance.”
It is, however, understood, that the man taken into custody is Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
Thames Valley Police’s Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office. It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
The arrest happened on the morning of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s 66th birthday.
Buckingham Palace hasn’t commented.

