Today marks the 37th birthday of Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, read on to learn more about Princess Beatrice’s husband.
- Edoardo “Edo” Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi was born on November 19, 1983, at Portland Hospital in London. He is a member of an Italian noble family whose ancestral seat is in the Bergamo province of Italy. Through this aristocratic link, the male members of the family are known as counts.
- Mapelli Mozzi was educated at Dragon School and Radley College which are both in Oxfordshire, England. He then went on to gain an M.A. in politics from the University of Edinburgh.
- Edoardo runs a successful property development and interior design company which is based in London. He is also the director of several companies alongside his mother and brother-in-law.
- He was previously engaged to Dara Huang, an American architect. The couple have one child, three-year-old Christopher Woolf Mapelli Mozzi, who is affectionately nicknamed ‘Wolfie’.
- On July 17, 2020, Edo was married to Princess Beatrice of York. The couple have known each other since childhood as their families were close friends. The wedding took place at the Royal Chapel of All Saints on the Windsor Estate in Berkshire. They had been expected to marry on May 29 at the Chapel Royal of St James’s Palace, but the wedding was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.