<![CDATA[Today marks two years since Royal Central was first setup in the wake of 2012's Diamond Jubilee. Since the website began, we've been overwhelmed by the amount of support for the project and the interest from Monarchists and royalists alike. Now, with almost 150,000 unique readers a month, the next year promises to bring just as much success as the last two as Royal Central continues to grow.
- In the last twelve months, Royal Central has published 1,452 articles generating almost 4 million page views.
- Our single most popular article in the last year was Queen’s Guard steps in during security threat at Palace (with over 52,000 views), followed by What happens if Princess Beatrice marries Dave Clark? (with over 36,000).
- The single most commented on article on site was Why Camilla must become our Queen which generated over 240 comments (and still counting).
- People from over 196 different countries have visited the Royal Central website at some point in the lat year. Our most popular countries are the United Kingdom, then the USA and then Canada.
- At the beginning of April, we smashed the 10k mark for our number of followers on Twitter (@RoyalCentral), now at over 11.3k.
- Royal Central is now the most popular independent source for royal news on the Web.
Message from the Editor
This last year has been one of great change and progression for Royal Central, as well as one of great excitement for the team as we cover some of the most interesting stories on the royal scene. I have very much enjoyed being editor of the site these past two years and watching it grow to where it is today. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank our loyal readers, commentors and Twitter followers for engaging with our work but most of all I’d like to thank our dedicated team of writers and editors who make what we do possible.
Into the Future
The next year will be an extremely exciting time for Royal Central. As Cindy Stockman takes over as Editor-in-Chief this Monday, Royal Central sees its first change in leader since its inception.
Under Cindy’s guidance, Royal Central will continue to grow and expand to cover even more of the latest and greatest stories on the British Royal Family and around the world.]]>