This morning, The Queen made a quick trip from Windsor Castle to the King George VI Day Centre in Windsor.
The building was first opened in 1958 by Her Majesty after she gave permission to name the centre after her father.
She was on hand to mark the 60th anniversary to the very day. The Queen has also helped celebrate other past milestones such as the 25th and 50th anniversaries.
Before The Queen arrived, members of the centre were bused in, dressed for the part and looking very excited for their special guest.
A small crowd gathered in front of the building to catch a glimpse of The Queen arriving in the rain, including a couple from Philadelphia.
Once inside, Her Majesty watched as some of the centre’s members took part in SMILE (Small Movements Improves Life Everyday). This included a seated excersise of bouncing a ball between their legs to improve hand-eye coordination.
According to The Royal Family’s Twitter feed, the “members who use the King George VI Day Centre are encouraged to maintain their independence and wellbeing through activites and social interactions.”
The members spoke to that, telling The Queen of how much they enjoy the activites.
The centre which is only open four-hours a day includes a hair salon and a kitchen that provides the members lunch during the week. Her Majesty was given a tour of the facilites.
Before leaving, The Queen had a chance to see the key that she used in 1958 to open the centre and signed the visitor book.
Her last call of duty was to cut the cake marking the 60th anniversary and the 70th anniversary of the Windsor Old People’s Welfare Association.
Lucky for the waiting crowds, the rain stopped while The Queen was inside so she spent a few minutes greeting her fans who all yelled “Happy early Birthday” as she exited the building.