<![CDATA[The Department of Canadian Heritage has released itinerary details ahead of the 2014 Royal Tour of Canada by the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall.
Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, Shelly Glover announced on Friday that:
“The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will meet Canadian youth, volunteers, and industry leaders making a difference in their communities, hear the stories of Canadian war brides and veterans from the Second World War, celebrate the centenary of Winnipeg’s much loved export Winnie the Pooh, and much more during the 2014 Royal Tour to Canada.”
The Royal Tour will also comprise an official welcome to and departure from Canada which will include a 21-gun salute, Guard of Honour inspection and full military honours.
“Highlighting Canadian achievement-past, present, and future-will be front and centre on this Royal Tour. In addition to celebrating Victoria Day and marking the 150th anniversary of the Charlottetown Conference in Prince Edward Island, Their Royal Highnesses will participate in activities that showcase special communities, individuals, and groups from all across the country,” stated Glover.
Prince Charles and Camilla will visit three provinces and six communities as part of their four day visit. They will begin the tour in Halifax and Halifax and Pictou County in Nova Scotia on May 18th and 19th. From there, they will travel to Charlottetown, Bonshaw and Cornwall in Prince Edward Island on May 19th where they will stay until the 20th. The Royals will end the tour travelling to Winnipeg in Manitoba May 20th and will depart on the 21st.
Quick Facts – Highlights of the Tour
- Official Welcome to Canada and Nova Scotia at the Grand Parade in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Victoria Day on 19 May.
- Tour of Hector Heritage Quay-A Celebration of Celtic Appreciation Month in Pictou, Nova Scotia, on 19 May.
- Fireworks, music and performances to celebrate Victoria Day and the 150th anniversary of the Charlottetown Conference, which paved the way to Confederation in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, on 19 May.
- Visit to Cornwall United Church in Cornwall, Prince Edward Island, on 20 May.
- Joining children at the Stevenson Hangar as they learn about the principles of flight, rockets, satellites and more in Winnipeg Manitoba on 21 May.
- Visit to the International Polar Bear Conservation Centre at the new “Journey to Churchill” exhibit at the Assiniboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg on 21 May.
- Taking part in the Order of Manitoba Investiture at the Manitoba Legislature in Winnipeg on 21 May.
- Royal Central will continue to provide all the details of the upcoming tour here on site and on Twitter.