Connect
To Top

Meghan & Harry ask for “understanding and respect” to be extended to Thomas Markle

A Kensington Palace spokesman has released a message to the media on behalf of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry after it was revealed that Meghan’s dad, Thomas Markle, pulled out of attending the royal wedding.

Meghan Markle’s dad, Thomas Markle, will not walk his daughter up the aisle on Saturday after the Mail on Sunday exposed the fact he had staged paparazzi pictures.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said:  “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding. She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”

TMZ report that Mr Markle has pulled out from attending the wedding due to the embarrassment caused by selling staged paparazzi photos to the media.

The website also says that he suffered a heart attack less than a week ago.

Kensington Palace had previously announced that Meghan’s dad would walk his daughter up the aisle.

Mr Markle was due to arrive in the UK this week alongside Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, where they would spend time with The Queen and members of The Royal Family before the big day.

 

More in The Duke & Duchess of Sussex