Sir Elton John has cancelled two dates of his Las Vegas tour on the weekend when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will marry at Windsor.
Although invitations have not yet been sent out, Sir Elton is keen to be in attendance – and maybe even perform.
The singer, who was a close friend of Princess Diana, was due to perform at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace on May 18 and 19th but has now cancelled them.
When asked if he would like to perform at Harry and Meghan’s wedding earlier this year, he said:“I don’t know. I haven’t even been — no one’s been asked.
“I’m playing in Vegas, so I don’t know what’s going to happen.
“It will be nice because I love him very dearly.”
Last month, he opened up about his time spent with members of the Royal Family, and Prince Harry in particular.
While being interview on ITV’s Lorraine, Sir Elton spoke of spending time with Harry in Sicily in the summer of 2017.
Recalling the moment, he said: “Well, I spent some time with him in Sicily last summer, and I could tell that he was totally in love,
“He didn’t really discuss much personally, but he said ‘I’m in love,’ and I thought, good for you.”
He added that both Princes William and Harry seem very happy.
“Both those boys seem to be ecstatically happy, and that’s all you want people to be, no matter who they are.”
Sir Elton was one of the few celebrities to attend the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011.
He recently announced his retirement after going on one final tour so he may spend more time with his family, saying: “I’ve had an amazing life, I’ve had an amazing career.
“My life has changed, the priorities in my life have changed, my priorities are my children, my husband and my family.”