The Duchess of Cambridge’s visit to a mental health charity is still scheduled go ahead today despite the terror attacks in London on Wednesday.
Her Royal Highness is ddue to visit Best Beginnings – a charity partner of the Heads Together campaign.
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh’s visit to Scotland Yard had been cancelled following the terror attack in Westminster.
Her Majesty was due to open the new police headquarters on the Victoria Embankment on Thursday – which is just a couple of minutes away from the scene of the attacks.
Catherine’s visit is in a completely different part of London to where the attack took place, meaning there is no danger in terms of proximity.
It is possible that the visit will be postponed so as not to use valuable police resources when they are needed elsewhere.
Government Ministers were told on Wednesday to only undertake urgent and essential visits on Thursday. It is unknown whether the same advice has been given to The Royal Family, although engagements in the capital have been postponed.
The attack occurred on Wednesday afternoon when a man drove a car into pedestrians on London Bridge, killing three people.
He then stabbed a police officer, 48-year-old PC Keith Palmer, who later died.
The total death toll was five, including the attacker.
Prime Minister Theresa May chaired an emergency COBRA meeting, where afterwards she condemned the “sick and depraved terrorist attack.”
Speaking outside of Number 10, Mrs May said: “Let me make it clear today… any attempt to defeat those values through violence is doomed to failure.
“Parliament will come together as normal and Londoners will get up and go about their day as normal… they will walk these streets, they will live their lives never giving into terror and never allowing the voices of hate and evil to drive us apart.”