Royal Central are currently looking for reporters and bloggers to join our team.
We will accept applications for this role until this advert is taken down
Royal Central are looking for new reporters to join our existing team to write and report on news events regarding the British Royal Family, as well as monarchies around the world. Applicants must have excellent written English and a passion for the royal family. Knowledge of social media platforms and online publishing experience will also be an advantage.
This is a very exciting opportunity to have your work published to a large, global audience of 300,000+ per month. Our team of editors will also assist you to make sure your work is as good as it can be.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Regularly writing news articles in excess of 300 words about the royal family;
- Posting at least one article per week
- Researching and sourcing royal stories on the internet that may be of interest to readers;
- Working closely with the news team and editors;
- Producing accurate news reports in accordance with Royal Central’s house style;
- Writing news reports on items assigned by editors;
- Adhering to confidentiality and embargo rules;
- Ensuring photos are used in accordance with copyright law and appropriate credits are given;
- A reporter’s main responsibility is to write news reports, however, when there is a shortage of news events, you may be asked to submit blog posts
Other opportunities available to reporters:
- Representing Royal Central as accredited media at official royal engagements (UK only)
- Assisting with the running of Royal Central’s social media accounts;
- Reviewing books and other products;
- Conducting interviews
Royal Central is not a form of employment and all contributors, both writers and editors, work for the site voluntarily and do not receive a salary.
To apply to become a reporter, please email our recruitment team at HR@royalcentral.co.uk explaining, in 500 words or less, why you want to join our team and how you meet the above requirements. You are welcome to attach a copy of your CV in either PDF or Word document formats. We will aim to respond to you within 48 hours, although usually it will be much sooner.
Royal Central is always keen to hear from royal enthusiasts with an interest in writing blogs. Whether you’re interested in giving your opinion on a hot royal topic, or want to explain a royal tradition, our team of editors can work with you to publish your ideas. You don’t need to have a huge wealth of writing experience, just competency in the English language and an interest and passion for all matters royal!
We have plenty of experience working with people of all abilities and whether you want to write for fun, help shape opinion or to kickstart a career in journalism, we can cater for all.
Bloggers make contributions to the site when you want and about what you want. Our editors will guide you through the process and help you with your contributions if you need it. Additionally, we have the ‘Blog Desk’ where bloggers can adopt a topic to write about if you’re out of ideas, but keen to write anyway!
Contributing to Royal Central gives you the chance to have your work seen by over 300,000 unique visitors to our site every month.
We have unlimited places on our blogging scheme and all applications are welcome.
Unfortunately, Royal Central is not currently in a position to pay our contributors. All of our writers create content for us because of their love of the royals.
To apply, email HR@royalcentral.co.uk with your name, as well as a mini article (100-200 word) on a topic of your choice so we can gauge your written style. For example, an explanation of the State Opening of Parliament, or another royal subject you wish. We will aim to respond to you within 48 hours, although usually it will be much sooner.