Happy Birthday to Princess Anne, who was born today in 1950.
10 Facts about Princess Anne…
1. The Princess was born at 11:50 am at Clarence House.
2. Her full title is: Her Royal Highness The Princess Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise, Princess Royal, Royal Lady of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Extra Lady of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Dame Grand Cross and Grand Master of the Royal Victorian Order, Dame Grand Cross of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem.
3. Anne’s is the seventh creation of the title Princess Royal, an appellation given only to the eldest daughter of the Sovereign, the last holder being George V’s daughter, Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood.
4. The Princess was a bridesmaid at the 1961 wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Kent.
5. Anne was enrolled at Benenden School in Kent in 1963. She left five years later with six O-Levels and two A-Levels.
6. A keen equestrian, at the age of 21, the Princess won the individual title at the European Eventing Championship, and was voted the BBC Sports Personality of the Year in 1971.
7. Anne participated in the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal as a member of the British team, riding the Queen’s horse, Goodwill.
8. The Princess Royal is also a Royal Fellow of the Royal Society. Royal Fellows are members of the Royal Family who are recommended and chosen by the Society’s Council. There are only five Royal Fellows: Princess Anne, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Kent, and The Duke of Cambridge.
9. Anne is President or Patron of some 320 organisations.
10. In 1974 The Princess Royal was appointed GCVO. In 1994 she was appointed Knight of the Most Noble Order of The Garter and was invested in the Order of the Thistle in June 2001.
photo credit: 4 Cdn Div/4 Div CA – JTFC/FOIC via photopin cc
I have always admired HRH. Happy Birthday, Ma’am!
Happy Birthday to Her Royal Highness. The picture, of course, is Canadian, in her capacity as Colonel-in-Chief of the Grey and Simcoe Foresters.
<3 WE <3 PAY <3 TRIBUTE <3 MAJESTY <3 GRACIOUS <3 FOREVER <3 NOW <3
Well its Time to say “A Big Happy Birthday to Her Royal Highness Princess Anne.” The Accomplishment and Sovereignty to The British Royal Family , The Common Wealth, Great Britain, and respecting Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has taken front seat to the Respect she holds in the World as Mentioned in the above about the 10 Fact and there are more which have not been mentioned due to her tireless Efforts in Her Life to All Communities.
To receive the latest Royal Central posts straight to your email inbox, enter your email address below and press subscribe.
Join 369 other subscribers