Today marks four years since Royal Central first went to pixel. Having started life on Twitter under the name @RoyalFactsUK following the Diamond Jubilee, the interest from followers in the workings and day-to-day role of Monarchy grew rapidly. Mere months later, the first Royal Central website, providing commentary on the royal events of the day, was established.
Four years on, and Royal Central receives hundreds of thousands of readers each month!
In the last four years…
- We have produced almost 5,000 articles
- And published nearly 8,000 individual comments from readers
- We’ve received over 8 million unique readers…
- ….from 239 different countries, territories and islands.
- Our most-read articles included “Why we’ll never see ‘Princess Catherine’“, “New photos of Royal Family released ahead of Queen’s 90th birthday” and “Queen only days away from becoming longest-reigning British Monarch“
- We’ve gained over 21,500 followers on Twitter and over 20,000 likes on our Facebook page!
With thanks to all our contributors and editors – past and present – who have made the site what it is today, and to you, our readers, for making us the most-read royal news outlet on the Web.