Today marks five years since Royal Central first went to pixel. Having started life on Twitter under the name @RoyalFactsUK following the Diamond Jubilee, the interest from followers in the workings and day-to-day role of Monarchy grew rapidly. Mere months later, the first Royal Central website, providing commentary on the royal events of the day, was established.
Five years on, and Royal Central receives hundreds of thousands (often millions) of readers each month!
In the last five years…
- We have produced 7,500 articles
- And published over 13,000 individual comments from readers
- We’ve received around 16 million unique readers…
- ….from 236 different countries, territories and islands.
- Our most-read articles included “Why isn’t Prince Philip King?“, “What are The Queen’s powers?” and “The Duchess of Kent – living life in the shadows“
- We’ve gained over 27,000 followers on Twitter and over 40,000 likes on our Facebook page!
With thanks to all our contributors and editors – past and present – who have made the site what it is today, and to you, our readers, for making us the most-read royal news outlet on the Web.