Yesterday, Royal Central reported that the Duke of Kent had been admitted to hospital and had cancelled engagements for the next 3 weeks.
At the time, it was not clear why the Duke had cancelled and what was wrong with him.
The Duke of Kent is The Queen’s 1st cousin and closest related cousin. Her frequently performs engagements on her behalf and cancelled an engagement on Monday where he was due meet RNLI lifeguards and staff at Trevaunance Cove in his role as president of the charity.
According to our Royal Source the Duke of Kent was in hospital on Monday and received treatment then.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: “He’s still being assessed and it’s not thought to be serious.”
He said the duke was “feeling well and looking forward to resuming official engagements as soon as possible”.
The 77-year-old Duke, whose full title is ‘Prince Edward, Duke of Kent’ is only 9 years younger than HM The Queen and is well known for his association with Wimbledon.
To see our report yesterday on the Duke of Kent’s admission to hospital, click here.
photo credit: Dave Hamster via photopin cc
To receive the latest Royal Central posts straight to your email inbox, enter your email address below and press subscribe.
Join 393 other subscribers