It’s Christmas Eve and sadly Royal Central’s Countdown to Christmas has come to an end – although we do have one last look back for you to enjoy. As Christmas Day rapidly approaches, why not sit back one last time and enjoy Royal Central’s very unique Countdown to Christmas.
For our last Countdown, we will be taking a look back at 2014. What a year it was for The Royal Family!
Firstly what did The Queen have to say?
As it is only Christmas Eve, we are yet to know what Her Majesty’s thoughts of 2014 are though why not check back at some point tomorrow as Royal Central will have all the up to date news on The Queen’s 2014 Christmas message.
And what happened Royally?
As 2014 was a really successful and busy year for The Royal Family, it would be impossible to include everything they got up to, so here are some highlights.
- The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visited Kings College Hospital, the hospital where The Duchess of Cornwall was born.
- Zara Tindall gives birth to her first child with Mike Tindall. They named their daughter Mia Grace Tindall.
- The Princess Royal attended the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with Prince George made a successful visit to Australia and New Zealand.
- Prince Charles and Camilla made a successful visit to Canada.
- The Queen led tributes at the 70th anniversary of D-Day commemorations.
- Prince William visited Oxford University.
- The Duke of York visited Saudi Arabia.
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visited Canada.
- Princess Anne visited Australia.
- The Queen and Prince Philip viewed the ‘Blood Swept Lands and Seas of red’ poppy installation at the Tower of London.
- The Queen and Prince Philip visited Northern Ireland.
All that is left to do is to wish all our readers a very Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Featured Photo Credit: ogoco