Some previously unseen footage has been released of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during their first joint interview on Monday to mark their engagement.
In a series of candid shots, both the Prince and his fiancée can be seen joking around before the interview got underway with the BBC’s Mishal Husain.
In the footage, the microphones are turned off meaning there is no sound, but the pictures speak louder than words.
After the microphones were turned off, the couple relaxed and joked around pic.twitter.com/BnH495gTa0
— The Telegraph (@Telegraph) November 28, 2017
In the interview, it was revealed that Harry proposed to Meghan by getting down on one knee while they were cooking dinner.
Prince Harry said: “It happened a few weeks ago here at the cottage and it was just a standard typical night for us.”
Meghan added: “We were just roasting chicken and it was just an amazing surprise. It was so sweet, natural and very romantic – he got on one knee.”
The soon to be bride joked that she said yes instantly before the Prince even finished proposing.
The couple also revealed that they met through a blind date arranged by a friend.
Harry, who is fifth-in-line to the throne, said Meghan “just tripped and fell into my life”.
When asked what Diana, Princess of Wales would have thought of Meghan, he said: “I think she would be over the moon and so excited for me, she’d be jumping up and down.
“I really miss having her around on days like these.”
He added that if his mother was still alive, she and Meghan would be “thick as thieves… best friends”.
As for what the future holds for the couple, Prince Harry said they would take it “one step at a time.”
He added that they would “hopefully look to start a family” in the future.
Meghan said that The Royal Family had been extremely supportive in welcoming her to the family.
She said that she had met members from both Prince Charles’s family, and Diana’s side of the family.
The Queen has also met the 36-year-old on a couple of occasions.