The Norwegian Royal Court has announced that King Harald was admitted to hospital on Friday. The King is suffering from an infection.
On Friday the Norwegian King was hospitalised in the Rikshospitalet in Oslo. The Royal Court said that The King is feeling better and his condition is stable. It is unclear what caused the infection. The Court didn’t specify when he would be able to return home.
Earlier this year, King Harald celebrated his 80th birthday surrounded by his family, foreign royals and heads of state.
In September the Norwegian News Agency incorrectly reported that the King of Norway had passed away. The news agency sent out a new message retracting the previous message only minutes later. The Royal Court reacted to the news stating that the King was feeling well.
A couple of weeks ago King Harald even joked about the mistake. In a speech in October, he said: “The rumours of my death are significantly exaggerated. The only one who has passed away here tonight is probably the moose we will be served soon.”
His Majesty last appeared in public on the 10th of November when he attended the official ceremony in honour of the F-35 aircrafts at the Ørland Airport. The King seemed to be in good health and was feeling well at the time. The King has an engagement scheduled on the 23rd of November.
The King’s engagements for Monday have been cancelled. It remains unclear whether the 80-year-old will be able to receive the Foreign Minister in an audience.
This is a breaking news story. More information will be added as soon as it becomes available.