Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh knew he needed the operation he received over the weekend of the week before, but delayed surgery so he could be at the Queen’s side for the service to celebrate the 60th anniversary of her Coronation. He is making “satisfactory” progress
The Duke was especially keen to make the service having missed the ceremony to mark the Diamond Jubilee at St Paul’s Cathedral last year.
Royal insiders say the Duke, who turns 92 on June 10th, postponed the procedure to accompany his wife to a special service at Westminster Abbey on Tuesday.
A palace spokesperson said: “The Duke was especially keen to make the service having missed the ceremony to mark the Diamond Jubilee at St Paul’s Cathedral last year ”
It is a fitting testament to the enduring love and bond shared between the Queen and her prince, a bond which has survived over 65 years of marriage and the most tragic events within recent British royal history.
Buckingham Palace said the Duke was “comfortable” and making “satisfactory” progress after an exploratory operation. The results are being analysed before doctors decide if any further treatment is needed. It is expected that the Duke of Edinburgh will remain in hospital for a two-week period.
photo credit: University of Salford via photopin cc
To receive the latest Royal Central posts straight to your email inbox, enter your email address below and press subscribe.
Join 389 other subscribers