- #OnThisDay in 1536 Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Richmond and Somerset, illegitimate son of Henry VIII, died.
On July 23, 1536, Henry Fitzroy, the illegitimate son of King Henry VIII, died after a brief illness. He was only...23rd July 2016
- Foundation Spotlight: Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation
The Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation was launched on 14 December 2012. Her Serene Highness, Princess Charlene is the President of...22nd July 2016
- #On This Day in 1751 Princess Caroline Matilda was born
Princess Caroline Matilda was born on the 22nd July 1751, the youngest daughter of Frederick, Prince of Wales and Princess Augusta...22nd July 2016
- Who Is Queen Rania of Jordan?
In the final installment of the “Who Is” series, Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan is the focus. Rania Al-Yassin was...20th July 2016
- Mary Boleyn: Royal Mistress
Mary Boleyn was born c. 1499/1500 at Blickling hall, Norfolk, and died on July 19, 1543. She was the daughter of...19th July 2016
- #OnThisDay in 1821 Caroline of Brunswick was denied entry to her husband’s coronation
One hundred and ninety-five years ago, Caroline of Brunswick, beleaguered and unpopular wife of the equally unpopular George IV, decamped from...19th July 2016
- #OnThisDay in 1918 Nicholas II of Russia and his family are murdered by Bolsheviks
Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and his family were murdered by Bolsheviks on 17 July 1918. Nicholas was the last Emperor...17th July 2016
- #OnThisDay in 1685 James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth, illegitimate son of Charles II, was executed on Tower Hill
James was the eldest illegitimate son of Charles II and his mistress Lucy Walter. He was born in 1649, in Rotterdam...15th July 2016
- Happy Birthday, Crown Princess Victoria! – 39 Facts about the Swedish Royal on Her Birthday!
Today marks the 39th birthday of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden. To celebrate, 39 facts are below! Happy Birthday, Your Royal...14th July 2016
- Queen Victoria’s Tea House
Within the gardens of several royal residences and former royal residences are small buildings which give us a unique insight into the character...12th July 2016