- What’s in store for the Royal Family in 2014?
There’s no doubt that 2013 has been another amazing year for the Royal Family. With the birth of Prince George in...30th December 2013
- William III – The Invader King
On this day in 1688, the Dutch Stateholder William III of Orange made a triumphant march into London ending the reign...28th December 2013
- Titles on Downton Abbey explained
Downton Abbey is, without doubt, one of the most consistently popular TV shows produced in recent times. The show, which gives...21st December 2013
- Judith of Francia: Twice Queen of Wessex
Anglo-Saxon queens receive very little attention, with it commonly believed that there were no pre-Conquest queens in England. Such an assertion...20th December 2013
- A guide to the Order of the British Empire
Two times a year (at The Queen’s Official Birthday and on New Year’s Day), lists of those set to receive honours...17th December 2013
- Just what does Prince Charles think about becoming King?
For almost 62 years now, the Prince of Wales has been preparing for a job which he will one day inherit....14th December 2013
- The Commonwealth: uniting and forgiving
When discussing the most important bands of nations across the globe, we often think of the G8, the G20, the European...8th December 2013
- A history of Christmas Broadcasts
The Christmas Broadcast is a traditional part of the Christmas Day festivities for many people across the Commonwealth and indeed across...7th December 2013
- Nelson Mandela and Queen Elizabeth: An extraordinary relationship
As the world marks Nelson Mandela’s passing, we take a moment to reflect on the extraordinary relationship the former South African...5th December 2013
- What will Prince Charles’s succession be like?
For over 60 years now, Elizabeth II has reigned over the United Kingdom as Queen. Most people alive now have known...2nd December 2013