Happy Birthday to Prince George of Cambridge. As the Prince and his family celebrate his first birthday, Royal Central has compiled 5 facts in honour of his special day.
1. George Alexander Louis was born at 4:24 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds and 6 ounces. He is third in line to throne after his father, Prince William, and grandfather, Prince Charles.
2. The birth of George marked the first time since the reign of Queen Victoria that three generations of direct heirs are alive at the same time.
3. Prince George’s christening was held on 23 October 23 at the Chapel Royal at St. James’s Palace. George’s Godparents are: Oliver Baker, Emilia Jardine-Paterson, Hugh Grosvenor, Earl Grosvenor, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Julia Samuel, William van Cutsem and Zara Tindall.
4. Prince George, with his parents, embarked on his first royal tour in April 2014. William, Kate and George spent three weeks in New Zealand and Australia. His first public engagement of the tour was on 9 April at a playdate at Government House, Wellington, organised by the New Zealand parenting organisation, Plunket. George made his second appearance during the tour was on 20 April, Easter Sunday, when he met a bilby named after him at Taronga Zoo in Sydney, Australia.
5. The Prince was photographed with his Mother on Father’s Day taking his first steps at a polo match Prince William was playing in.
Photo Credit: Government House NZ/Woolfe/Crown
To receive the latest Royal Central posts straight to your email inbox, enter your email address below and press subscribe.
Join 562 other subscribers