#OnThisDay in 1460: Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, defeated the king’s Lancastrian forces and took King Henry VI prisoner
Richard Neville, also known as “Warwick the Kingmaker” was born on the 22nd of November in 1428. He was the eldest...History10th Jul 2016
#OnThisDay in 1376: Edward, The Black Prince, died
Edward of Woodstock, also commonly referred as Black Prince, was born on the 15th of June in the year 1330. He...History8th Jun 2016
#OnThisDay in 1341: Edmund of Langley, 1st Duke of York, was born.
Way back the 5th of June in the year 1341, Edmund of Langley, the 1st Duke of York was born. He...History5th Jun 2016
#OnThisDay in 1394: Philippa of England, future Queen of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, was born
On this fateful day, the 4th of June, in the year 1394, Philippa of England or Philippa of Lancaster was born....History4th Jun 2016
Shakespeare and works: Greatly adored by royal patrons such as Elizabeth I and James I
When Elizabeth I ascended the throne in 1558, England entered a great era of cultural and economical innovation. Elizabeth was viewed...History10th Apr 2016
- BREAKING: Theresa May to face a vote of no confidence in her government
- Prince Harry Talks Meditation
- Kates Chelsea Flower Show Debut
- King Harald prepares to approve changes in the government
- Princess Anne's Day in Derbyshire
- Prince Harry: "I'm a feminist"
- Double royal birthday in Serbia
- Does The Queen eat pizza?
- Crown Princess Mary donates to Afghanistan women's crisis centre
- Queen Mathilde joins Luxembourg royals for the funeral of Philippe de Lannoy